The following is a list of films based on writers and artists of the Lost Generation.
This list is a work in progress, if you know of a film that should be included here please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beloved Infidel (1959) – Based on Sheila Graham’s 1958 memoir, follows F. Scott Fitzgerald’s (Gregory Peck) last years and his relationship with Graham (Deborah Kerr).
- F. Scott Fitzgerald and ‘The Last of the Belles’ (1974) – Biopic of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s (Richard Chamberlain) relationship with his wife Zelda (Blythe Danner).
- F. Scott Fitzgerald in Hollywood (1975) – Story of F. Scott Fitzgerald’s (Jason Miller) two stints in Hollywood trying to write for films, first in 1927 and then in 1937.
- Genius (2016) – Set in 1929 New York, examines the relationship between Scribner editor Maxwell Perkins (Colin Firth), and Thomas Wolfe (Jude Law).
- Hemingway & Gellhorn (2012) – HBO epic that follows the lives of Ernest Hemingway (Clive Owen) and his third wife Martha Gellhorn (Nicole Kidman).
- Last Call (2002) – Based on Frances Kroll Ring’s memoir, follows F. Scott Fitzgerald’s (Jeremy Irons) relationship with Kroll (Neve Campbell).
- The Last Good Country (2013) – Short film portraying Ernest Hemingway‘s return to Oak Park, Illinois after World War I.
- In Love and War (1996) – Based on a novel that fictionalized Ernest Hemingway‘s experiences in World War I.
- Midnight in Paris (2011) – Woody Allen film following a writer Gil as he is magically transported to 1920s Paris.
- Papa Hemingway in Cuba (2015) – Set in 1957, follows the friendship between Ernest Hemingway (Adrian Sparks) and Ed Myers (Giovanni Ribisi).
- Zelda (1993) – Biopic based on the lives of F. Scott (Timothy Hutton) and Zelda Fitzgerald (Natasha Richardson).